WHEREAS, one, and the major, of the fundamental factors that help to realize the constitutionally guaranteed independence of the judiciary is to have judicial administration directed in a way free from the influence of Government organs or officialdom;NOW THEREFORE, in accordance with Article 55(1) of the Constitution of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, it is hereby proclaimed as follows:
1. Short Title
2) "Manifest Incompetence and Inefficiency" means what is specified in the Disciplinary and Code of Conduct Rules and includes a judge who commits an error of law and fact unbecoming to the competence by training and experience which the profession requires or who unduly delays the disposal of cases.
Court …………...… Member(s)
(c) three members of the House of Peoples'
Representatives ….. Member(s)
(d) the most senior judge of the Federal Supreme Court ….. Member(s)
(e) the President of the Federal High Court ……….. Member(s)
(f) the most senior judge of the Federal High Court ………... Member(s)
(g) the President of the Federal First Instance Court ………. Member(s)
3) to issue the Disciplinary and Code of Conduct Rules for federal judges;
4) to decide on the transfer, salary, allowance, promotion, medical benefits and placement of federal judges;
5) to examine and decide, in accordance with Article 79(4) of the Constitution, matters presented to it pursuant to article 9 herein. It may suspend a judge until the decision is approved by the House of Peoples' Representatives, subject to details to be determined in the Disciplinary and Code of Conduct Rules.
3) Decisions of the Commission shall be passed by a majority vote; in case of a tie, however, the Chairman shall have a casting vote.
4) A judge who is a member of the Commission, and against whom disciplinary proceedings are instituted, may not sit in meetings of the Commission while his case is under investigation.
5) Without prejudice to the other provisions of this Article, the Commission may draw up its own rules of procedure.
3) to preside over the meetings of the Commission;
4) to prepare and present to the Commission the profile of cnadidate-judges nominated by the members of the Commission; present to the Prime Minister candidate-judges selected by the Commission.
(c) has a good reputation for his diligence, sence of justice and good conduct;
(d) consets to assuming judgeship; and
(e) is not under 25 years of age
3) where it is decided that he is incapable of properly discharging his duties due to illness;
4) where he has committed a breach of discipline;
5) where it is decided that he is of manifest incompetence and inefficiency;
6) where he has transgressed the Disciplinary and code of conduct Rules for judges.